In this particular post, I talked about all the things I wanted to accomplish this year. Let's see some progress, shall we?
- Travel. Travel more and often. The road trip this year only whet my appetite. Well, I went to Florida so I consider this pretty successful!
- Floss at least five times a week (I have a severe fear of the dentist and I am always scared that someday I will be flossing and my teeth will start popping out. Yes, dreams have also included this terrifying idea). Gah. I have improved my flossing habits but still not terrific about it...
- Get two amazing internships. Absolutely done PLUS a teaching gig to boot.
- Yoga five days per week. I slightly laughed at this one but I did purchase some awesome Groupon deals for yoga classes and purchased a great yoga mat that I have been using consistently the past few weeks. I'll get there.
- Buy a proper bed. Who would have know that I would actually do this?! I also made it extra cushy with a mattress pad, fleece blanket, and new duvet cover in deep purple.
- Drink at least 4-5 glasses of water a day (super hard for me). Trying but also tracking on SparkPeople.com really helps.
- Make at least three vegan meals. I got a great cookbook from a mysterious shopper this Christmas that looks to be full of great recipes. I haven't sought out making vegan meals but I don't eat a lot of meat in general. I hope to be a little more adventurous this next year.
- Have a great 30th birthday. Did that! Had a great dinner with good friends and did a little adventuring around Ann Arbor for free things.
- Finish my list of 30 foods to make. Hrmph. I'm making mac and cheese for Christmas...so I'm still working on it...
- Take daily vitamins. I started taking calcium supplements since that was the main nutrient I was worried about and they taste freakin' delicious in gummy form.
- Develop a wardrobe where in I can reach in, grab two or three pieces, and have an outfit. What I didn't realize in the beginning was that I had a closet like that but my body was the problem. Now that I have been losing a little bit of weight, the closet is much more forgiving and easy to manipulate.
- Quite picking at my face. Much, much better.
- Read 6 non-school books. If I would have kept count, I probably killed this one. I read quite a few over the summer during my internship and finished two this semester. Booya.
I'll definitely make up some new goals for the year ahead and there will be a lot of changes and I can honestly say I have no idea where I will be at this time next year.