Friday, January 14, 2011

Quickie Update

Sorry for the extreme lack of posts but I have been thinking about you all, dear readers. I beautiful pictures of snow, recipes to post, AND fun little life updates. For now, I shall commence with the life updates while I have a batch of cookies baking in the oven. Sickness doesn't matter when the heart wants a small batch of chocolate cookies that have been revamped to be ever so slightly healthy.

  • It has been snowing like crazy here. I love it but many people (mostly Midwesterners) are not so in love with it. I maintain that it is gorgeous and I will try to post some pictures soon of it.
  • The second semester of grad school has started and it will be challenging to say the least. I am taking 9 credits; 6 credits is full time and most people maintain the two classes each term. I feel like I just need to get a bit more organized and I can handle it. Nothing terribly difficult but there are so many teeny, tiny components to each class (online, semester-spanning projects, interviews, etc.) and keeping up with all of the readings. I still love it though.
  • Adding to some of the stress are work events going on this term that the GAs (graduate assistants) plan and execute. Also adding so the fun is the fact that I am the only GA that will be here next year and that means I need to now learn everything so that I can pass along the schedules and resources for next year. Again, I love this all but it is just a lot to handle for the second week of term. 
  • Thirdly adding to the stress is my getting a sinus/flu-like funkness this week. It snuck up on me with the most massive migraine headache I have had in a while then slowly took me down as the week progressed. I am now looking at a six-day weekend which I was planning on but that I will utilize to read, sleep, and take in as many fluids as possible. I don't have time to be sick!
  • I had Indian food this week with a very lovely friend and it was fantastic. I don't know of many things that are better than having a good chat with a friend while dining on much missed Indian food. Chicken Makhani, I love you. 
  • Green smoothie madness is still alive and well in my world. I love my blender and throwing everything in there for my breakfasts. 
  • I have begun watching Gilmore Girls again (again!) after a lull in Netflix and the computer was giving me a headache just to be on it (hence the lack of postings as well). I always forget how much I love this show and start to notice the funny little things. Seth McFarlane (Family Guy) was on there as a random character! 
  • Applied for internships that I really hope I get. There are some super exciting opportunities available that would mean the world to me. Cross your fingers!
Okay, hopefully that wasn't dreadfully boring. Lots of stuff going on right now but everything is just a work in progress so nothing great to report. No boys on the horizons and I kind of like it that way. Trying to stay as healthy as possible and getting excited for the looming "30" birthday in April.  I hope you all are getting a good start to 2011 and enjoying yourselves!

(P.S. I am totally obsessed with the Cee Lo song "Fuck You." Finally watched the video and love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment