- It has been snowing like crazy here. I love it but many people (mostly Midwesterners) are not so in love with it. I maintain that it is gorgeous and I will try to post some pictures soon of it.
- The second semester of grad school has started and it will be challenging to say the least. I am taking 9 credits; 6 credits is full time and most people maintain the two classes each term. I feel like I just need to get a bit more organized and I can handle it. Nothing terribly difficult but there are so many teeny, tiny components to each class (online, semester-spanning projects, interviews, etc.) and keeping up with all of the readings. I still love it though.
- Adding to some of the stress are work events going on this term that the GAs (graduate assistants) plan and execute. Also adding so the fun is the fact that I am the only GA that will be here next year and that means I need to now learn everything so that I can pass along the schedules and resources for next year. Again, I love this all but it is just a lot to handle for the second week of term.
- Thirdly adding to the stress is my getting a sinus/flu-like funkness this week. It snuck up on me with the most massive migraine headache I have had in a while then slowly took me down as the week progressed. I am now looking at a six-day weekend which I was planning on but that I will utilize to read, sleep, and take in as many fluids as possible. I don't have time to be sick!
- I had Indian food this week with a very lovely friend and it was fantastic. I don't know of many things that are better than having a good chat with a friend while dining on much missed Indian food. Chicken Makhani, I love you.
- Green smoothie madness is still alive and well in my world. I love my blender and throwing everything in there for my breakfasts.
- I have begun watching Gilmore Girls again (again!) after a lull in Netflix and the computer was giving me a headache just to be on it (hence the lack of postings as well). I always forget how much I love this show and start to notice the funny little things. Seth McFarlane (Family Guy) was on there as a random character!
- Applied for internships that I really hope I get. There are some super exciting opportunities available that would mean the world to me. Cross your fingers!
(P.S. I am totally obsessed with the Cee Lo song "Fuck You." Finally watched the video and love it!)