Friday, April 19, 2013

Great Friday, Scott!

I had an AWESOME Friday. There were so many things that gave me a warm feeling inside and the feeling that someone else is looking out for me in this world. I am wildly superstitious about talking about things that are happening right now to anyone (seriously, anyone) but let's just say that I was smiling for the entire day.

I can share one awesome little surprise that I got when I arrived home:


Yum, right? One of my closest friends from graduate school sent me this incredibly delicious chocolate package for my birthday. There is even a little alcohol that I plan on experimenting with at a later date.

Best thing coming up? Iron Man 3. Seriously though, I cannot wait to see this movie.


Iron Man 3 Trailer on Disney Video

I'm not exactly sure what it is but the combination of action, comic book heros, and Robert Downey Jr. just does it for me.

--------------------------------

And summer has officially come to Columbia. Spring made a fleeting appearance where residents felt it was okay to hang up the winter jackets and instead venture through the day with only a sweater or long sleeved shirt. Today, it was 88 degrees, 80% humidity, and the threat of thunderstorms loomed all day. You don't know how to dress on days like these yet the cool breeze and fresh air makes you think it might be okay...for the day. In a month, I'll take back all of my slightly positive feelings when my hair is one ginormous frizz ball that scares small children and old ladies and I'm never sure if I should bring the umbrella or not.
--------------------------------

And because this week has been so, so heavy with events that make us all question the world in which we live, a little bit of positivity out of the darkness.

In wake of tragedy in Boston inspiration, hope persevere

13 Examples Of People Being Awesome After The Attack On The Boston Marathon

Inspiring Messages Of Support For Boston From Around The World

And the quote:

No comments:

Post a Comment