Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What I learned from my last relationship

“If you love somebody and you break-up…where does the love go?- Carrie, SATC
1. I am much more open minded than I thought.
2. I play devil’s advocate to get my opinions heard and help people see the other side of the argument.
3. I know all about rugby now and have a greater respect for it.
4. I taught myself how to cook meat and other unfamiliar things that I used to be afraid of.
5. I don’t need fancy things to be happy. I am simple person with simple pleasures.
6. I do actually need alone time on occasion.
7. I am independent and take pride in the fact that I can handle things on my own. I know how to do things because I figured them out on my own.
8. I know the inner workings of Portland much better. I know the short cuts, the streets with the best thrift stores, various locations of Trader Joe’s, and how to better prepare myself to not get lost. I also carry a map with me in the car now.
9. I am a problem solver and a teacher.
10. A relationship is a partnership. Not dependent. Just supportive. Constant state of growth and learning. HUMOR. Communication. Patience. Luck.

As we move through our lives, we meet people, we leave people, and we miss people. They will always leave an imprint on our souls in some way. Some are not immediately positive but end up shaping you into the person you become. Others are positive and from that you will know you are loved.

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree with #2. You are VERY good at that:)

    ReplyDelete