Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

I made my first Thanksgiving meal that was shared with other people! When I lived in Seattle, I did a complete Thanksgiving dinner but it started to snow that morning and my mom and brother were unable to drive up. I remember that I did okay though.

Yesterday, did the whole shebang again and it came out really well. It was so great to cook again since I haven't had the same zest for cooking lately.

Here's the menu:
Turkey with sage butter lovin'
Crockpot stuffing with sausage, mushrooms, and apples
Roasted acorn squash
Sauteed green beans with shallots
Beer bread from a Trader Joe's mix (mixed in pumpkin beer)
Fresh cranberry sauce
Steamed cauliflower
Deviled eggs & assorted olives
Chive & sour cream mashed potatoes with gravy
Tri-colored jello
Turtle Pumpkin Pie
Brownies with cherries, chocolate chips, and walnuts
Cranberry Walnut muffins

All in all, a good menu. I tried to get more fresh foods in there rather than from a can and heavily processed. It was my first time making cranberry sauce from fresh cranberries and cooking with fresh green beans. I absolutely love being able to make great food. If I had a garden then I know I would be killin' in the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! The idea of making an entire Thanksgiving meal always feels very intimidating to me. Good work!

    ReplyDelete