Monday, December 31, 2012

2013: Get Satisfied

In the same intention I had with goal setting for 2012, I want to set achievable, measurable goals for 2013 as well. These will not include "eat well" or "exercise often" because both are subjective and ambiguous. 

This is my inspiration: 6 New Year's Resolutions That Are Worth Keeping from the ridiculously awesome Thought Catalog. My favorite quotes are:

"Risks = potentially amazing things happening in your life. No risks = no sex, no joys, lots of stagnant evenings in bed watching Netflix." 

"Is it just me or were people really behaving like dicks in 2012? I was so tired of the constant insults and outrage and annoyance. Take a chill pill, you freaks."

"Cut out the exes who make your bones ache and your heart hurt. Protect yourself against those who don’t value you as much as they should." 

"DO IT DO IT. 2013 IS THE YEAR OF DOING. 
START NOW. 
RESOLVE THE SHIT OUT OF THIS."

Here I go...
  • Complete Shaun T.'s Rockin' Body program.
  • Go to one dance class, my choice. This can include Zumba, hip-hop, jazz, ballet, etc. 
  • Date, again. Must put self out there. Cannot meet men while sitting on couch watching "30 Rock." 
  • Create a wardrobe fit for a 30-something year old woman.
  • Visit two new states.
  • Get into the healthy weight range for my height (130-160lbs.)
  • Read a minimum of 20 books.
  • Rid my life of asshat.
  • Blog twice a week with original and interesting material (new recipes, adventures, etc.). 
  • Go hiking twice.
  • Complete two 5ks. 
  • Write my dear friends back within two weeks of original email.
  • Buy the complete series of Sex and the City.
  • Get 1,000 followers on Pinterest.

I think that is quite the achievable list! I have a few personal goals I am also setting which I will share at the end of next year. 

Here's to an amazing 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment