Monday, November 18, 2013

Some Sunshine in Arizona

Last week, I headed down to Arizona to see one of my closest friends. It was a great time for me to get out of Portland and clear my head. I really missed the sunshine; one of the things that Michigan and South Carolina always had, despite the sometimes freezing temperatures. We hit up some tourist sites but mostly just hung around the house playing with the kids and chatting. It was so nice!

Sierra Vista is a small town, mostly comprised of the Ft. Huachuca army base. They do have all the major necessities (Target, WalMart, etc.) and plenty of beautiful rolling hills.


The buffalo corral is this little place where you can ride horses either on the trails or just around the area. The horses are really beautiful and there are also two fat black cats that roam the property.


We hit up the town of Tombstone and wow, they go all out for tourists. There was a "shoot out" for the audience, people dressed up in period clothing, and some great little shops. We hit up Big Nose Kate's Saloon for lunch, which was really delicious. The piano player was a sassy old man but played really well!


I really love little tourist areas because I think they are always unique and provide a great history of the United States (or whatever country I/you may be in). All in all, the trip was really fun. I got to see a little bit of Sierra Vista when I was driving from South Carolina to Oregon but this time, I actually got to experience Arizona. Thanks, Amy!



No comments:

Post a Comment