Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Reflection

I was going through last year's Reverb project and realizing all the things and events that have happened in just one year! It is overwhelming to even think about everything but reflection is a super important process of realizing how far you have come and also looking towards the future.

In this particular post, I talked about all the things I wanted to accomplish this year. Let's see some progress, shall we?


  •  Travel. Travel more and often. The road trip this year only whet my appetite. Well, I went to Florida so I consider this pretty successful!
  • Floss at least five times a week (I have a severe fear of the dentist and I am always scared that someday I will be flossing and my teeth will start popping out. Yes, dreams have also included this terrifying idea).  Gah. I have improved my flossing habits but still not terrific about it...
  •  Get two amazing internships. Absolutely done PLUS a teaching gig to boot.
  • Yoga five days per week. I slightly laughed at this one but I did purchase some awesome Groupon deals for yoga classes and purchased a great yoga mat that I have been using consistently the past few weeks. I'll get there.
  • Buy a proper bed.  Who would have know that I would actually do this?! I also made it extra cushy with a mattress pad, fleece blanket, and new duvet cover in deep purple.
  • Drink at least 4-5 glasses of water a day (super hard for me). Trying but also tracking on SparkPeople.com really helps.
  • Make at least three vegan meals. I got a great cookbook from a mysterious shopper this Christmas that looks to be full of great recipes. I haven't sought out making vegan meals but I don't eat a lot of meat in general. I hope to be a little more adventurous this next year.
  • Have a great 30th birthday. Did that! Had a great dinner with good friends and did a little adventuring around Ann Arbor for free things.
  • Take daily vitamins. I started taking calcium supplements since that was the main nutrient I was worried about and they taste freakin' delicious in gummy form.
  •  Develop a wardrobe where in I can reach in, grab two or three pieces, and have an outfit. What I didn't realize in the beginning was that I had a closet like that but my body was the problem. Now that I have been losing a little bit of weight, the closet is much more forgiving and easy to manipulate.
  • Quite picking at my face. Much, much better.
  • Read 6 non-school books. If I would have kept count, I probably killed this one. I read quite a few over the summer during my internship and finished two this semester. Booya.


I'll definitely make up some new goals for the year ahead and there will be a lot of changes and I can honestly say I have no idea where I will be at this time next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment