Saturday, September 15, 2012

My Favorite Taco Pizza

This is a recipe from a place I used to work at throughout high school and college, Papa's Pizza. It is a little more "fancy" but the recipes can easily be recreated at home. Other favorites are their BBQ chicken and the veggie pizza that includes pesto, broccoli and plenty of garlic.

And it goes a little something like this....
Start with a pizza crust of any kind

Spread a decent layer of refried beans on as the sauce

Add cooked ground meat (I used turkey) and onions, if like

I love, love olives.

Throw the pizza in the oven until the cheese is all melty and the crust is crisp. When cooked, generously sprinkle crushed tortilla chips on top then add taco toppings that you like; I use shredded lettuce, tomato slices, and shredded cheddar cheese. Slice it on up and serve with salsa, ranch or sour cream. So, so good!

The pizza isn't the greatest for leftovers so I highly recommend eating your heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment