Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Reverb 2013. Day 4: Action

Day 4: Action. 
When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step?
 -----
My next step in life is getting a full-time position. I hate saying "job" because I don't want just a job, I want something that makes me feel good and that encourages me to work harder and grow professionally. Ideally, I want an advisor position that supports adult and transfer students in pursuing their education. While this position does exist, it is the slower time of the year for job postings and Portland has a rough job market. I try to remain positive.

As far as making ideas happen, I do actually advise people still...just not in the traditional setting. In the past six months of my unemployment, I have advised people on pursuing their education: during a hike, in a bank, at a bar, and over Facebook and LinkedIn. It is something I am wildly passionate about and I know that patience will be an asset right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment