Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yummy Tacos

So I was bad and didn't eat so well today. I actually barely at at all. So come 7pm and I am a little shaky and dreaming of great things like tacos, pizza, fruit salad, and root beer floats. Yes, those are consistent cravings.

I drove around a lot today to try and get oriented with my town. I also went over to do paperwork on campus and see where I would be working at. Turns out, I get to start shadowing next week! It will give me something to do so I don't lose my mind by the time school starts.

As I was driving around, I kept seeing Taco Bell. Mmm..tacos. I noticed that I really wanted something hearty but fresh so I made a stop at the store and grabbed all the supplies.

Sometimes when I am making things with meat (spaghetti, pizza, tacos, etc.), I try and put as many veggies in there as possible too. With my ex-boyfriend, I desperately was trying to sneak veggies into our main meals. For spaghetti and tacos, this is what I do:

  • Brown meat and drain off excess fat.
  • Chop up zucchini and mushrooms.
  • Throw veggies in with meat, add seasoning or sauce and let simmer for about 10 minutes until veggies are tender.
  • Ta da! Instant veg nutrition but still get the tasty meat as well.
For the tacos tonight, I used ground turkey since it is the easiest meat for me to use. Now I have enough portions for at least two more meals and with all of the stuff I put on my tacos, I get a great helping of veggies for the day. Tacos ALWAYS must include:
  • lettuce
  • tomato
  • avocado
  • shredded mexican cheese
  • olives
Yum. I love tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment