Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Reverb: December 6th

6. Everything's OK. What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?


My mind goes straight to winter semester of this year (Jan-April). I had progressively gotten more and more depressed and overwhelmed during this time period and was having a really hard time staying focused. It wasn't really anything but just me being me but it was a lower "dip" than I normally take. I even talked to one of my close friends about it and she told me to go to a counselor. I did and while it didn't make everything fantastically shiny and new again, it did help just to get things off my chest. 

The internship was the actual sign that everything would be okay. Before I came to Michigan, I decided that I wanted to do an internship out of state and really take advantage of every single thing I could experience here. The interview and placement into my internship was something that I could look forward to. It was scary and exciting to think about, having to move to another state for three months and meeting a new group of people, but I was more than ready for the change. I couldn't to May 5th fast enough. Once I made it there, I knew everything was going to be more than okay. 

For the year ahead, I have to have faith that things will work out even when they are the darkest. If I know I have done my best then I am prepared for anything that may come my way. I just have to be open to every opportunity and every person that I meet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment