Last year there was a popular blogger project called Re:verb which gave people a schedule of postings that helped them reflecting on the past year. Unfortunately this year they won't be doing it again BUT they did encourage everyone to create their own! I did just that using some of the ones from last year but also added a few new ones to the mix:
1. Best moment of January
2. Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).
3. Best moment of February
4. Action. When it comes to aspirations, its not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step?
5. Best moment of March
6. Everything's OK. What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?
7. Best moment of April
8. One Word. Encapsulate the year 2011 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2012 for you?
9. Best moment of May
10. 5 minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2011 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2011.
11. Best moment of June
12. Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?
13. Best moment of July
14. Love. What does this word mean to you?
15. Best moment of August
16. Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?
17. Best moment of September
18. Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?
19. Best moment of October
20. Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 201`? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?
21. Best moment of November
22. Photo. a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.
23. Best moment of December
24. Lesson learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?
25. What is one picture that best represents 2011 for you?
26. Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?
27. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
28. Inspiration: What are three things that have inspired you this year?
29. What was the theme of your life in 2011? Why?
30. What do you want the theme to be for 2012?
31. Donate blood. Save a life.
Care to create your own reflective journey? Feel free to use the ideas above. Comment if you decide to join in!