Friday, May 14, 2010

Henry Rollins

If you don't know who Henry Rollins is then I feel a little sad for you. He is a grammy winning singer, actor, social commentator, activist, and former front-man of the Punk Rock band Black Flag and he tours the world speaking about his travels, his thoughts, and disclosing all of the bullshit that is going on in the world. Having had the privilege to see him twice in person, I find his style and presentation unique and spine tingling. And as much I seem to love quotes, here are a few gems I thought I would share:

“Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.”

“They say true love only comes around once and you have to hold out and be strong until then. I have been waiting. I have been searching. I am a man under the moon, walking the streets of earth until dawn. There's got to be someone for me. It's not too much to ask. Just someone to be with. Someone to love. Someone to give everything to. Someone.”

“It's sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew.”

"Half of life is fucking up the other half is dealing with it.”

“Life is full of choices, if you have the guts to go for it. That's why I get immediately bored with anyone's complaining about how boring their life is, or how bad their town is. Fucking leave and go somewhere else. Or don't.”

“Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes it feels real good.”

“The average is the borderline that keeps mere men in their place. Those who step over the line are heroes by the very act. Go.”

“Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.”

He is coming to town at the end of May and I just might have to indulge myself in seeing him one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment