I am infamous for not drinking enough water and being dehydrated. I can go days without any actual water and instead drinking iced tea, soda, or nothing at all. Crazy! I am amping up my veggie and fruit intake so that does make up some hydration but some of the runner blogs that I follow have now become quite enamored with the coconut water. Who knew it could have so many benefits? Read on for the info.
- The young coconut water is one of the purest form of waters. It contains no cholesterol and has more electrolytes than any fruit or vegetable.
- It is sweet, tasty, full of salts and vitamins, which are very important for the body. It also contains trace amounts of copper, phosphorous and sulfur, thus, making it an excellent source of water to help correct electrolyte imbalance. The vitamin C content of the water is enough to meet the daily requirements of the body. It is fat free, low in carbohydrates and calories. The coconut water nutrition factor also shows that it contains niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, riboflavin, folic acid and thiamin of the Vitamin B group.
- Coconut water helps maintain the body temperature at a proper level, natural fluid levels and helps carry vital nutrients and oxygen to different cells and parts of the body.
- Coconut water health benefits also include boosting the immune system, intestinal health, metabolism, weight loss, balancing the body pH, fighting off viruses, detoxifying the blood, etc. if you are suffering from blood pressure, coconut water is a great remedy to prevent hypertension. It also controls diabetes, reduces cancer and helps treating kidney stones. People suffering from stomach pain and vomiting get relief by drinking coconut water. Coconut water is known to improve digestion.
- It helps the body absorb other nutrients like vitamins, amino acids and minerals. It helps in calcium and magnesium absorption that is very important for the development of strong bones and teeth. Coconut water nutrition facts also show it helps in the prevention of osteoporosis.
- Coconut water is the best source of instant energy, even better than most of the energy drinks available in market. It gives athletes a boost of energy and endurance factor during their physical training.
- Coconut water is also known to help in repairing damaged tissue and healing it. Coconut water is a natural antioxidant and helps in preservation and protection of the cells from free radicals in the body.
- Coconut water helps increase the metabolic rate of the body and thus proves to be very useful to those looking forward to losing weight. The fats in coconut water are not stored in the body, but sent directly to the liver and converted into energy.
- You can even use coconut water as a tropical application to treat chicken pox, measles and other summer rashes.