Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm Just Blessed. Yes.

Detroit Tiger's Game
I'm not always sure how such amazing people have entered my life but I always take time to reflect on the fact that they exist. The last few weeks, I have been getting used to the idea that come graduation and then the eventual move to a career position will mean that I won't get to see the people in my program as much. As I chatted with a friend the other day, we said "I'll see you" and then.....we didn't know when the next time it would be. It made me incredibly sad. I did my exit interview for my program and couldn't help me struck with the feeling that I need to learn more! Know more! Be around people that inspire me! Have people to hang out with!

Night out in Detroit with the HESA group
My mom and brother have been immensely supportive through this whole thing. I know that it is difficult for them to not see me often or be part of this life here but I know they are proud of me and encouraging me every step of the way. I keep kidding that the better this program and eventual job procurement goes, the better they will be taken of later in life! I don't need too much to be happy so I can start my retirement/taking care of family members fun sooner than later. My mom laughed when I got my parking pass paid for the summer and I considered that pretty awesome!

Graduation is in three days, Sunday, April 29th, and I haven't quite wrapped my mind around it all. Life isn't changing drastically just yet as I will start working full-time at a great wage until I get a job or wear out my welcome at my current position. I'm trying to take all of the compliments and changes in stride and bonus, I get fun presents:


I don't know how I got to this point in my life but thank goodness for those that give me boosts, encourage me to do my best, and always make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment