Saturday, August 3, 2013

East to West: Day Seven Recap

Day One Recap
Day Two Recap
Day Three Recap
Day Four Recap
Days Five & Six Recap

Initially, I was nervous getting into Los Angeles. There was the traffic, the people, the tourists, and the sights to see. There was just SO.MUCH.TO.SEE. but if you know me at all, you know I make the most of my time and I definitely got to relax but also see the most important things in LA.

My day was like this:
8:30 AM Drive in traffic, on purpose, so I can slowly drive through the city, see the sights but not necessarily stop at everything. Worked perfectly.
9:00 AM Santa Monica Pier, farmer's market, breakfast at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, walk along beach and pier
2:00 PM Eat at the Kogi BBQ Taco Truck (so exciting!)
2:30 PM Drove to The Grove shopping complex, which was amazing and full of the best shops and a little original farmer's market. I indulged this day to the extreme, for sure.
5:00 PM Head up to the Griffith Observatory which was one of most anticipated things I had planned on the entire trip. Saw the Hollywood Sign!
9:00 PM Finally head back to hotel, exhausted, and decide to pass on drinks with friend and instead grab some take out and get to bed early.

The morning...
Farmer's Market




 And the afternoon and evening...


Even a fancy bathroom! LA, you're so classy.
Sprinkles cupcakes!





 Gorgeous night to be at the observatory, too.



If I could recommend anything to see here in LA, it would be the observatory. It had the most amazing views of the city and, if you have the time, there are hiking trails all over the place. I wish I had a whole week to really explore the area and take advantage of the beautiful weather and outdoor activities. Perhaps my next road trip?

Just give me time.

Up Next: The End! (dun. dun. dun)

No comments:

Post a Comment