Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Words of Wisdom....

.....come from everywhere! Maybe it is when you are looking for it but there is always wisdom to be learned (shared? embraced?). A new Facebook buddy had this on his profile:

My 10 steps for becoming a better person (posted here so all can see and so I can remind myself)

1. Take as many advantages to have fun as you can.
2. Never, NEVER, pass on a chance to be there for a friend.
3. Listen first, talk second.
4. Do what you say you'll do. Set goals and follow through.
5. Write often and heartfelt...even if it is only to yourself.
6. Listen to music as often as possible. It is the window to the soul.
7. Take time each day to reflect on who you are and who you want to be.
8. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
9. Let those who are important to you know that they are important to you.
10. Understand that failure is a part of growth.


I feel like I need to wallpaper my living room wall with the many, many words of wisdom and quotes from people far more experience in life than myself so that I can constantly see them and remember them.

One thing I am going to have to teach my kids is that life is tough but it always gets better.

(P.S. I have had the new Pink song in my head all day. All day. And really, just the chorus.)

No comments:

Post a Comment