Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 4: What you ate today, in great detail

Today wasn't necessarily a typical day in my eating habits. I was hoping to get something there and instead went with something there, I skipped proper meals, yadda yadda yadda.


Woke up at 10:30am. Later than I wanted to by the way.
11:45am: Strawberries 'n' Cream Slim Fast.
3:00pm: Seattle's Best Large Iced Tea with two packets of Splenda and a lemon muffin.
Starving but was trying to get errands done. Went grocery shopping and instead of making a lovely dinner when I got home.....
7:00pm: 2 servings of Meijer brand Whole Grain Delights in French Onion flavor. I thought they would be more like tortilla chips but they are the generic version of Sun Chips; a lovely surprise. Also downed at least 20oz. of water because I could tell I was getting dehydrated.

Coming up....
Would like to get some substance for the night so I might grab some carrots and grapes to snack on until bedtime.

I went grocery shopping earlier. Want to know what I bought?
Generic sun chips
broccoli
grapes (the most expensive thing I bought, absolutely addicted to them)
apples
bananas
prepackaged and diced summer squash
zucchini
cucumber
tomatoes
bag of baby carrots
angel hair pasta
canned diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
low sodium black beans
french cut green beans
Honeycombs cereal
can of plain tomato sauce
deli ham
small block of 2% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
quart of skim milk
Buy 1 get 2 free on whole wheat bread (I have the sandwich thins but am dying for a hearty sandwich or grilled cheese; froze the other two loaves for later and they were low calorie)
Total: $32.65

It was more than I was hoping to spend on food but I have been dying on a carb heavy diet with very little to no fresh produce. Now my fridge looks somewhat normal and I can make great lunches and dinners for the week.

Question: How do you eat your muffins?

No comments:

Post a Comment