Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 6: Your day, in great detail

This is totally not a great day to do this. I had a crappy day and really need a nap so that I can make all the crankiness go away. Never the less....


9:00am: Woke up. Later. Again. Wanted to be at the DHS (Department of Human Services) office around 8am but that didn't happen. Got up, dressed, did hair, quickly scarfed down a banana and chugged some apple juice then headed out the door. I also grabbed a Slim Fast for the road and threw the garbage in our bins for pick up tomorrow.

10am: Arrive at Halle Library to print out income verification and current checking/savings account amounts.

10:30am: Arrive at DHS office to apply for food stamps. End up waiting around for almost 2 hours and never being called to see my case worker. Not happy AND had another appointment at 1pm that I eventually pushed back to 1:30pm. Will now have to hound case worker and may not even find out about food stamps for another month or so.

12:15pm-1:15pm: Try and make my way from DHS office to Planned Parenthood in Ann Arbor. I take the wrong freeway (there are three freeways with 94 in them) and try to figure out a way to get around AA but hit construction the entire way there. I may or may not have cried a bit in traffic. Car was also throwing a major hissy fit since it was 91 out today (at least).

1:20pm: Arrive at Planned Parenthood for 1:30pm appointment. Fill out paperwork. Talk to medical assistant. Wait in the tiny room for at least 20 minutes then finally meet with the RN. Have a consultation about various things and well, not a great appointment. Nice woman though. I had to pay for the visit and a few other things today but luckily they take payments so I just add it to the list of bills accumulating. I will be seeing them again next week. A bright side to this visit? I lost 7lbs since my last appointment in early July.

2:25pm: Have an emotional breakdown in the car for roughly 5-8 minutes. Decide I need to get moving.

2:30pm: Swing through McD's since I haven't eaten since 9:30am. Grab a strawberry banana fruit smoothie and a delicious cheeseburger. I don't care--I love them.

3:00pm: Make my way to several thrift stores. I am on the hunt for at least one kitchen chair so that I can do my homework on the table rather than on the floor. I hit up a total of 2 and couldn't find the third one which probably would have proved fruitful. Car continues to get hotter and hotter and I am sweating like I was running a mile or something so I decide it is just not my day and return home.

Between 3:00pm-5:00pm: Decide I am moving to Alaska and that I despise traffic with everything in my being. Also despise construction. Decide that I need something comforting.

5:15pm: Drive-thru at the Dunkin Donuts. I have seen the iced coffee on many blogs and it looked like just what I wanted PLUS I couldn't deal with having two McD's charges on my card in the same day (not that it hasn't happened before, ahem). Get the largest iced coffee with two Splendas and skim milk and ask the nice man with the donuts to pick out five donut holes for me. He picks out a nice assortment including one filled with raspberry. Glad I didn't choose the 25 assortment.

5:30pm: Arrive home. Park car and whisper happy thoughts to car. Check mail. Strip off the disgusting, sweaty clothes and throw on pjs. Turn fan on full blast and make sure to drink a lot of water. Start up computer and check emails.

5:45-at least another hour or two: Check blogs, figure out something to watch on streaming television, think about what to make for dinner, think about making something artsy to relieve stress of today, may or may not just have a good cry and get it out of my system.

Later: shower (possibly a cold one), making dinner, taking out recycling, taking some Excedrin, and getting things together for everything I have to do tomorrow.

No pictures of today (although I bet that would have been much more interesting) but it was so hot and I was so lost with traffic and crazy people. The six pictures above are pretty much the main points of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment