Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hiking Gillette Lake

A while ago (the days seem to run together now), I went on this great hike with my friend, Brittney, and her hiking group. During the summer, each week they pick a new hike with varying degrees of difficulty, and I was invited on the hike to Gillette Lake near the Bonneville Dam.


The day was perfect, not too hot but warm enough to walk in light layers and even wade in the water a bit. The best part, I have to say, was the campfire! My summer is not complete without a roasted hot dog and roasted marshmallows. Absolutely some of the best food!


After stuffing ourselves full of yummy goodness, we all packed up and headed back. The walk back was slower and so lovely. I actually looked up around me this time, taking in all of the scenery and realizing how amazing it was to be out in the fresh air, surrounded by nothing but nature, and away from any electronics.




At one point, I found myself alone on the trail and really took in everything that was going on in my life. It wasn't anything terribly profound or emotional but I took a few moments to remember how blessed I was. I got teary, laughed, and breathed in deeply...and continued walking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment