Monday, June 18, 2012

Serenity Prayer

I have been reciting the serenity prayer all day and it was not until I looked it up that I knew the proper name.

The best-known form is:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

This has been widely used in religious as well as twelve step recovering programs but I think this is something that we should integrate into our daily lives as well. I have everything to be thankful for right now and nothing to look down upon even as I face the facts that my transition, which has not even properly begun yet, to a new state, city, and job, are more difficult that I had anticipated. None of this is end of the world but it is challenging me to remain calm and at peace with the rest of the world.

Packing has begun. People are buying my things. Cleaning...well, it will commence later this week. Beer and friends are also planned for later this week.

I may need a LOT of beer and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment