Monday, December 6, 2010

Reverb 10, December 6, Make

Prompt: Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?


I literally just made spinach and artichoke stuffed manicotti which turned out pretty good! I used frozen spinach and artichoke hearts from Trader Joe's, a big ol' can of chopped tomatoes with olive oil and herbs, manicotti shells, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and some spices. It was very simple and I even added some breadcrumbs on top just to be different. How dare I ever follow a recipe! I am also needing to have the time and energy to bake cookies as gifts for the office crew and family. [insert beautiful picture of manicotti on a dinner dish with large glass of wine in the background]


Of the arts & crafts variety, I am wanting to make gifts for people and need to work on my Christmas cards. I keep thinking "Oh, I'll get it done over break" but that doesn't start til the 23rd and that would definitely be far, far too late. I have one more week of school and then I can do the things that really get me excited and let me be creative. Oh, I am so very, very excited!

3 comments:

  1. I am so impressed! Every time I have made manicotti I get grumpy because I break the shells when filling. I switched to the large shells and they are so great! I am actually making some veggie stuffed shells in a bechamel sauce for some friends. Your dinner sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was! I used a disposable pastry bag filled with the stuffing and it was really, really easy.

    ReplyDelete