Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What Happened?

This is a question my mother posed:
"You always used to get your homework done as soon as you got home from school, you were so good about that, what happened? Is the whole school thing starting to get to ya?"

I absolutely laughed when I read this. Yes, in high school I came home and got my homework done while watching television. In high school I also didn't have the internet or a car or money to distract me! She doesn't quite get what school entails except for what I tell her. So yes, 12 years ago I was a rock start with the homework! Today, not so much a fan. I enjoy my adult time by coming home, making dinner, and watching a movie. 

4 comments:

  1. You know, I end up asking myself the same thing sometimes...why do I procrastinate so much these days when in high school and even undergrad for the most part I came straight home and got to work. But you're right, there is the internet and even more, simple freedom. We want to live other aspects life apart from school work, work work, house work, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read that you recently discovered Candy Cane Lane (on KERF)
    Have you tried the others? If interested, see here:

    http://merigoesround.blogspot.com/2010/12/jack-frost.html

    and scroll to the bottom.
    Yum- enjoy!
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, homework. That's why I vowed never to go back to school once I had that college diploma in my hand. I have all the respect in the world for people who are working on higher degrees! Kudos to you, and thanks for stopping by PFG!

    Elle, A PriorFatGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meri--Oh, I have tried the Sugar Cookie Sleigh but not the Sugar Plum! That will be on my must purchase list. Thanks!

    Lindsey--Love PFG! And I never though I would be here either. I was all done in my undergrad but the career I want requires the fancy degree so I do what I must!

    SoundZTastee--Yes..procrastination is a killer!

    ReplyDelete