Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reverb 10, December 7, Community

Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?

I have discovered community within blogging. I am in no means as active as 90% of the people I "follow" or read but they have been so uplifting, inspiring, and hilarious. I love that I get to see other peoples' lives and adapt some of their techniques to my own. I get ideas on how to decorate and how to make my apartment a home. I get ideas on how I could (if I choose to move thy ass swiftly off the couch) get into shape quickly and safely. 





The other community that I have become a part of is the higher education community and Eastern Michigan. For some reason, I really like being here. People look at me like I am crazy for moving all the way across the country to Ypsilanti of all places from the magical land of Oregon. The opportunities were too good to pass up and I haven't regretted moving here since. I have met some great friends and have a lot of potential for professional development PLUS this is all getting me closer to my future and career. 


For the future, I would love to be more involved in the activities in Ann Arbor and on my campus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment