Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reverbs.....December 12 & 13

December 12 prompt: Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?
I felt great when I was working out at 5 am every morning. I would get up, get dressed, go to the gym, and do various cardio and strength training exercises five days a week and then go to work. I noticed a great difference in my confidence and energy levels but it only last for about 3.5 months. Work obligations messed up my schedule and since it takes a while for me to acclimate to a particular situation (ie. the gym) I didn't like going after work or on weekends. I gradually stopped going over about a two month period and the money I was saving was also a reason to stop going. It was great to see what my body was capable of though and I plan to enroll at a gym around here in the spring.


December 13 prompt: Action. When it comes to aspirations, its not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step?
It is absolutely about making things happen. Right now, I am working on taking better care of myself which is my number one priority. Today is an example of how I don't take care of myself but I am trying at least. Professionally, I am looking at internship and development opportunities that can contribute to my grad school experience. It is all about the resume and experience when I am hurled back into the work world so I better make the most of this now.

Speaking of....back to work!
(P.S. Sorry for the lack of photos...I have a little bit of that "chicken with my head cut off" syndrome going on.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment