Monday, May 24, 2010

Ladybugs

I had two ladybugs land on me today. One was an "accessory" and another slightly scared me as I waited for the elevator in my office building. I enjoy them but not when they are ON me. I remember thinking that they represented something--had some sort of symbolism attached to them. A co-worker actually printed out what a ladybug can represent:

"This tiny little beetle packs a powerful message. Because the life cycle of the adult ladybug is short it teaches us how to release our worry and enjoy our life to the fullest. When it appears in our life it is telling us to "let go and let God."

"Unlike other beetles, the ladybug stirs a feeling of joy within us. Its small size denotes a delicate and loving nature. It emanates the energy of harmlessness and can show us how to stop harming ourselves."

"The shell on its back serves to protect it from predators. Its wings fold against the body protecting its soft underside. Ladybugs have keen instincts and feel vibrations through their legs. This enables them to sense the energy of whatever they touch and is another form of protection. In spite of its size it appears to be fearless. A messenger of promise, the ladybug reconnects us with the joy of living. Fear does not live within joy. The need to relate our fears and return to love is one of the messages it carries."

"Ladybug teaches us how to restore our faith and trust in great spirit. It initiates change where it is needed the most. When ladybug appears it is asking us to get out of our own way and allow great spirit to enter."

1 comment: