Sunday, May 16, 2010

Packing It All In.

I had no actual plans to start organizing my stuff this weekend but after someone was going to come pick up my dresser, I knew that I needed to just dive in.

Suffice it to say, the dresser is now hanging out in the living room along with six other huge boxes of my stuff and assorted side tables and hangers. I really should have taken pictures from when I first moved to my mom's house and over time how things have been reconfigured to accommodate a "bed" and then for functionality. Now, there is a great amount of space which I will be utilizing as I shuffle through papers, decide on books, and pack and repack items to fit in my car.

I am pretty proud of myself for getting rid of things I have had for far too long. I went through my entire iTunes list to sort through the random free songs and make playlists for the road trip.

I also downloaded:
Duffy-Mercy
Pink-Glitter in the Air
Train-Hey Soul Sister
Rhianna- Rude Boy
Jason Derulo-In My Head
Michael Buble-Just Haven't Met You Yet
OneRepublic-All the Right Moves
Paramore-Only Exception
Michael Franti & Spearhead-Say Hey (I Love You)
The Script-Breakeven (Falling to Pieces)

These are ones that I think will help keep me awake in the car. I also hope to borrow some CDs from kind folks (hint, hint) to fill in the gaps. I like my little collection though-it shows that I apparently like 70's, pop and heavy metal with a dash of ambient/techno thrown in.

Next, the books!

P.S. My dresser was taken Sunday evening and I almost cried! How sad is that? My little dresser wasn't anything fancy until I sanded it down, applied wood glue and clamps, and dressed it in luxurious black glossy paint. The handles and legs were sprayed silver and it has served me well over the years. On to the next project, I suppose.)

No comments:

Post a Comment