Friday, May 14, 2010

Regret is near that river "denial" in Egypt

Yes, another heavy topic but maybe some sun this weekend will brighten things up.

Caitlin over at Healthy Tipping Point had this post about regret.

It really couldn't have come at a better time for me. Again, if you haven't read the last few posts, lately my head has been a big swirly mess of thoughts. I have a lot going on and with my move in the near future, it is bringing to light many different aspects of my life.

From Caitlin: "Regret is normal. We are forced between two options (or three or four or five!) options everyday, and sometimes we make the wrong choice. But holding onto the feelings of regret is not good for us. I see regret as something we must absolve and forget about, or we’ll waste away our lives."

Some of the comments ranges from similar issues of regrets to some amazingly positive people who have no regrets in their lives. I can't even imagine that! Maybe I am just not at a point yet to move on and feel that all my paths in life have brought me to a great position.

A reader's comment struck me : "I don’t regret anything because I am happy right now, in this moment. My past has brought me to where I am today, which is at peace with myself and relationships, so I can’t possibly regret anything."

And my "Aha!" moment comes. I see that all my daydreaming and contemplation of the past is because of how unhappy I have been in the past year or so. All the pain and ridiculousness (honestly) makes me feel like all the decisions I have made have been the wrong ones. I am not sure if that will ever change but I guess since my decision to change my future is still in progress, the "regrets" area of my life will be in a holding pattern. There is also the perspective that if there is no closure, you can't move on. I have yet to receive full closure for most of my past mistakes or closure with those involved even so maybe that comes with time?

Hell, I have no idea. Swirly thoughts make you think crazy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment