Sunday, October 23, 2011

Saturday Productivity. Sunday Sleep.

This weekend was a great break from the freezing cold weather. It has been said that this winter in Michigan will be exceptionally cold which I have come to find out I am just not ready for. I miss the days of wearing dresses and skirts, wedges, and a light sweater. Now is the time for layers, layers, layers, and serious winter gear.

On Saturday, I picked up my car from the mechanic (only a one mile walk away) and set up to actually enjoy the beautiful weather and finally head over to the Ann Arbor Farmer's Market. I had some token/dollars to spend and was really excited to look at the fall vegetable offerings. I picked up squash of all kinds, apples, eggplant, zucchini, apples, baby tomatoes, and some fresh apple-cinnamon donuts and apple cider. I think I might have to head back next weekend to pick up more of that cider--it is so freakin' good!


After the market and doing a nice little walk around the Kerrytown neighborhood, I stopped my the Salvation Army in a desperate attempt to pick up some more sweaters/long sleeved shirts. I am at an in-between size with my closet at the moment. I have a lot of things that have been relegated to the "sale" pile since they are too big and boxy. I also have clothes that fit but don't look the best since I still have tummy pudge that I need to work on. As much as I don't want to have to buy all new clothes, it also feels amazing to try on smaller clothes and have them fit. I picked up a great Dana Buckman sweater in a black and white print (kind of out there for me but so comfortable!),  a red criss-cross shirt from NY&Co. and the comfiest grey winter sweater that I have ever laid my hands on.

I also did something kind of impulsive: I bought a pair of size 6 Isaac Mizrahi wool pants. These pants are awesome and gorgeous. They were also $3.50. I loved them so much that when I tried them on, I couldn't seem to let go! They got on but are not going to buckle even if there were a bed to lay down on in the dressing room. However, I also have a size 10 dress that I purchased as a goal which has provided a lot of inspiration. I have a professional conference and will (hopefully) start interviewing for jobs in March and by then, I want to be in great shape and have great confidence. These are definitely goals I can achieve and I have done wonderfully so far.

After the craziness of the Salvation Army on a Saturday (they had dressing rooms though---so awesome!), I went grocery shopping and hit up Target, which should also be known as "the evil impulse store." No matter what, I can never leave with just the two things I went in for. I came out pretty cheaply though as I found two workout tank tops (one that Meghann has been raving about) and both under $3.50 a piece.

The plan of action today was going to be hit up gym early, shower, go to B&N to read, do online homework, make fantastic dinner, and go to bed early. Instead, I fell asleep at 9:30PM last night, slept until 8am this morning (passed out, on couch, TV and lights on, brilliant) and then took two naps throughout the day, ate a lunch snack somewhere in there and now have yet to start on homework or dinner. Grilled cheese, here I come!

I have a really crazy week this week. I am also figuring out how to fit in a workout each day considering the schedule I have and the work I have to get done before the weekend comes. I have an amazing person's wedding to attend and I plan to be stress-free by then!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying life! Can you believe it is almost November??

No comments:

Post a Comment