Friday, April 13, 2012

31.

It's my birthday...in case you didn't know! This one is isn't all that particularly grandiose but is instead a typical Friday where I had some other stuff that needed to get done first before I could truly relax and enjoy the day.

Last night I had an impromptu venting session with a very dear friend. To say that I am thankful for her is a big understatement and I so appreciated her lending a very sweet listening ear. In addition to a little emotional detoxing, I also enjoyed a shandy which is now my new favorite drink. I drank a little more than I had planned ("don't let me drink more than one drink" I said) but it was definitely needed!

Tomorrow I have an old friend coming into town. We have a packet pickup for the Big House Big Heart run on Sunday but I plan to show her around Ann Arbor a little bit. I always love hitting up the farmer's market so this will be an excellent excuse to go plus we might swing through Zingerman's as well. I am praying the weather holds up for the weekend festivities though.

My Facebook was inundated with messages today! It was so sweet and although I know it is the easiest thing in the world to post on someone's wall "Happy Birthday," it doesn't take away the fact that people noticed and decided to say a quick hello. I also got a few text messages and one phone call so I say that is a pretty decent day. I still have presents to open!

“Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.”
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Yesterday was a fun snack day at work. In addition to the million sweet treats and appetizers, the office also bought a cake for all of the student workers and graduate assistants that are graduating. There is a lot of us! It was tasty, too!
Now that I officially finished my graduate portfolio, the only hurdle between me and my degree is a portfolio interview that happens next Friday. This is where we are presented with a series of questions about our comprehension of issues and theories relating to student affairs and also our professional goals and development. I swear, most of the papers I had to review for my portfolio I couldn't even remember writing. Thank goodness I saved them all. The next few weekends are going to be pretty busy but at least there isn't any homework to procrastinate on!

“Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it sure has earned a lot of people graduate degrees” 
Robyn Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment