Monday, December 13, 2010

Gah! Horrible Blogger

I have been completely ignoring my Reverbs (they are piling up in my Inbox) and have all these grand plans for interesting posts but with final assignments, internship interview, and getting Christmas stuff organized, I am a little tuckered out. Oh, also the major procrastination that I am actively taking part in....that doesn't help!

So to catch up with a few of my Reverbs....here are some annotated versions:

Dec. 8th prompt: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful. 

I think I can connect to people no matter what the background or culture. When I am working with students, I am able to make them feel at ease. I have a very strong heart but also get hurt really easy which I suppose all wraps up to be vulnerability but also that I love and care fully.

Dec. 9th prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. 

I had quite a few fun little gatherings with people before I left Portland. I threw a little homemade happy hour at a house I was staying at and absolutely loved making the variety of appetizers and seeing the reactions on peoples' faces. It was so much fun and I really proved to myself that I can do much more in the kitchen than I previously thought. There were little moments too where I felt great happiness being with others. My friend Brittney and I did fun runs through NW Portland several Thursdays in the summer and the reward was beer and fun! It was an inside look to those fitness fanatics but wasn't intimidating. I also did the Food Cart extravaganza with two co-workers and got to see what Portland food carts were all about. It was completely overindulgent and gluttonous but I loved every minute of it.

Dec. 10th prompt: Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? 

This is an easy one. Wisest decision I made was pursuing my education and career path. Wisest decision was moving away from the NW and exploring the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment