Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reverbing, Etc.

So I get DAILY updates about Reverbing and they are filling up my inbox! I hate a full inbox. Apparently I am a rare person that keeps my emails to under 10 and all the other ones are either quickly dealt with or put into appropriate files. I just feel like the more emails in there, the more stress I have! Crazy, I know.

A lot of the reverbs are repetitive so I thought I would pick out five of the most interesting ones that I have gotten and yet replied to and well.......reply to them. Hopefully some of this is slightly interesting. Add to my previous "resolutions" for the new year: Blog consistently and interestingly.

December 17th prompt: Lesson learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?
The best thing I learned about myself this year especially is how fiercely independent I am. I have come to rely on myself and if I can do it by myself then by god I will! I have moved heavy boxes of furniture up the stairs, I have driven myself 3/4 of the way across country, and I have managed to constantly pull myself up over and over (and over) again. Moving forward, I have to ask for help when I need it but that isn't going to be easy.

December 20th prompt: Beyond avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn't because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?) I avoided dealing with an old relationship until the last minute, I was scared to open up and express my feelings and opinions, and I was delayed dealing with some things because other things took "priority." As I, again, move forward, I have to put myself and my health first.

December 24th prompt: Everything's OK. What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?
Hahaha. I have to laugh because I repeat myself a lot over the past year as the biggest thing I did was moving myself to Michigan. It was a big deal but not just because the journey itself but EVERYTHING leading up to it and how I decided to make this change because the alternatives weren't looking too good. When I arrived in my apartment and unloaded my car and looked around, I was literally speechless. My first thoughts were "now what?"

December 25th prompt: Photo - a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.
In Idaho at Shoshone Falls early in the am.  Not the biggest smile but definitely one of the best moments of the year. It was $2 to get into the park and the scenery was breathtaking. I even did my hair that morning and had a cute outfit on!

December 30th prompt: Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What's the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year?
 I am not one for big, crazy gifts, especially things that cost a lot. I am much more of a sentimental person and appreciate a card with a few lines much more than any material gifts. I have received a tremendous amount of support this year from many people. The people that I worked with gave me continuous support as they saw me go through many of my ups and downs and my family is always there to help where they can. When I arrived in Michigan, I received some great cards from people telling me that they were proud of me and that I could do all this crazy stuff! It felt like a hug from thousands of miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment