Friday, December 24, 2010

Reverb December 14, 15 and 16

I love this Reverb activity I just haven't had the time or focus to do any of them! I still want to reflect on this year as it has been pretty unpredictable, challenging, amazing, and terrifying. I was thinking to myself where I was last year and the year before at this time and they were all so different. Two years ago I was in New York City in some diner waiting to see "Marley and Me" on Christmas day and then enjoying Irish coffee and a little dive bar in Queens. Last year I was with my tiny family watching movies and eating dinner. This year on Christmas eve, I spent time with a friend's family who I absolutely adore. Reflection took place even though I wasn't trying! Here is some more of that:

December 14 prompt: Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?
I appreciate all of the opportunities for growth this year. If I didn't learn anything from these instances or experiences then I wouldn't be truly understanding what I was given or being grateful for what I have. I am constantly reminded of how lucky I am and always reflect on the journey that brought me here.








December 15 prompt: 5 minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.
The entire road trip journey from start to end, sunsets and sunrises, the girls from nConnect and their friendship, the amazing food I ate--from carts and restaurants--and who I ate it with, acceptance letters to graduate school, getting a job, speaking to high school students, creating and presenting a three day workshop at Work Source, getting my own apartment again, getting my car FINALLY paid off, hugs, puppy sitting at a beautiful condo in downtown Portland, farmer's markets, holding a newborn baby, seeing an old friend after far too long, meeting old friends who I had yet to meet, the feeling of independence and freedom. 
  
December 16 prompt: Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?
Again I bring up my nConnect girls. They have such varied backgrounds but they made friendship seem simple and concrete. I appreciated their support but it never seemed like an inconvenience or bother for them to ask what is going on and support me. It made a big impact on how I view friendships (relationships of all kinds, actually) and seeing what I want and need in a friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment