Saturday, December 4, 2010

Reverb 10, December 3 & 4

(I skipped December 2nd because I didn't feel it was very important for me)

December 3
Prompt: Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

It was when I was driving from Oregon into Idaho during early August. It was perfectly sunny but I could still see the road, listening to Eminem so that I would stay awake, and taking in all the sights of everything that was new to me. It was the rolling hills to the river to the dams to the state line. Everything was just overwhelming because I couldn't believe I was actually leaving my home state and the amount of beauty that I saw. That was just the very beginning too! It was embedded in my memory because of the emotion that poured out of me every time I realized what I was doing and where I was going. 


December 4

Prompt: Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

My sense of wonder came from making new friends, exploring Portland even more and appreciating some of the small things that come from living in a city, and deciding to go against my comfort zone. I believe that fate decided to give me the choices in grad schools that I had so that I wouldn't go with any safe choice, stay near home, and ultimately be miserable. I sought out opportunities, experiences, and people whom have enriched my life more than I can say. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment