Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Multi-tasking

Okay, just a quickie here:

Last night I was at Trader Joe's and there was a guy that was not only talking on the phone rendering him partially annoying and ignorant of those around him but he was also using his iPad! I have no idea what he was doing on the but he was definitely the epitome of multi-tasking. Really, isn't grocery shopping, talking on the phone AND working on the iPad a bit much?

And this is when I miss the days of humans interacting with each other and being considerate of each other. And when I also feel so....old!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That image would stick with me about how I DON'T want to be. I still struggle with the fact that I use my iphone for recipes, calendar, and a bunch of other things now. However I have become very intentional about putting it away when around people unless I need to answer the phone to check on the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon reflecting, I guess he could have been using it for a shopping list? But it still seemed like just too many things to be working on. Props for you to making a conscious effort to put the phone down when around other people at least.

    ReplyDelete