Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year Intuition

I write this as I am currently waiting for pizzas (plural, yes) to be delivered to me. I was craving some real food and since my kitchen is full of ham leftovers, eggs, and bread, I wanted to "splurge" and get something delicious. I figure that I am listening to my intuition to get some veggies and cheese goodness but not so intuitive on spending the money.

I think the biggest thing beyond just having new year's resolutions is listening to what your inner voice tells you. Our intuition is often so overshadowed by what we think we should be doing and what we think other people want us to do. Most of the time when we listen to ourselves, we know what is right and what will make us happy.

It hasn't been the most productive few days into 2011 for me but I know that this is just the lull. This lull comes after a week of just hanging out at home (save for a few errand days), not having the attention span to work on bigger projects, and also just seeing my syllabus for one class last night. Oh, it is starting yet again! As I looked over the pages and pages (and pages) of reading to do for next Monday and what my life will be like for the next four months, I had some doubt of how successful I would be. Isn't that terrible? One email and some slacking behavior and I am already questioning my future! It's ridiculous.

So I must constantly remind myself this year that even as I complete (or don't) my goals, I am doing what is best for myself and listening to my inner voice. There are some days which I know I can do better and there will be some days that I am a straight-up rock star. Today may be more the former than the latter but it's all good.

“The only real valuable thing is intuition.” --Albert Einstein 

“I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely.” --Kim Basinger 

     “You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself." --Alan Alda

“Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.” --Robert Graves

1 comment:

  1. “You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself." Alan Alda

    Great quote! I'm going to borrow it =)

    ReplyDelete