Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 23: Something that makes you feel better, in great detail

If I am incredibly upset or depressed, sometimes I want to wallow in the sadness. I will purposely watch sad movies or television shows just to get all that frustration and emotion out of me. I usually only cry if I am incredibly hurt or stressed out not just sad.


Things that make me feel better pretty instantly are watching my favorite television shows (can you tell this is a stress reliever? Jason Bateman endorsed the watching of TV and if he did then I should end my shame of just how much of a stress reliever it really is. It's the usual lineup: Big Bang Theory, Buffy, Gilmore Girls, Sex and the City and occasionally Three's Company. Smart, fantastic shows.

Baking and cooking make me feel great when something comes out well AND tastes good.


Buying presents for other people. I hate spending money on myself but love to give little cards or treats to others when I have some extra money.

Finding a great, great deal at a thrift store.

Cleaning the house. I can feel productive and things feel all fresh and new again.

Crafting or painting. I haven't done either in quite a while but I have a whole Winter Break to tackle those projects again.

Being around little kids or babies is always an instant smile on my face. Same goes for puppies and kittens as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment