Saturday, September 18, 2010

Discovering new thrifty resources!

I am a thrifting girl, born and raised. I had my staples in Portland and since moving here the pickings have been a bit slimmer. I did find a fantastic and plentiful place, Value World.


I found the perfect pair of Levi's dark wash jeans for $3.80 and a purple short sleeved jacket for $1.60. The last time I was there I saw an amazing Ann Taylor grey dress for only $6.00! Too bad it was a size 2 though. Yes, I still contemplated it. Don't judge.

This will continue to be my little splurge as I need more professional clothes but have a grad student's budget. Here are my latest finds:

If you know me at all, you know my addiction to magazines. At $.25 a piece, I couldn't help but grab recent issues of domino, Harper's Bazaar, and Vogue. I also picked up Fat Land for $.60. It looked promising. The two shoe purchases were under $2.00 each. The black ones on the left are from American Eagle and although I stay away from shiny things, I love bows and they are quite comfortable. The ones on the right are Croft & Barrow shoes that are a tiny bit old lady but very work appropriate and really well padded. Overall, I spent just a smidge over $5.00.

I plan a few more trips to Ann Arbor to check out these delightful places if I ever get up early enough:
Ann Arbor Kiwanis Thrift Sale
The Treasure Mart
St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store

No comments:

Post a Comment