Thursday, September 2, 2010

Favorite New Dish

I made a big ol' spaghetti dish the other day that I thought was pretty damn delicious. I even took pictures!

Ingredients: Turkey Polish Sausage, zucchini, summer squash, canned diced tomatoes, canned pasta sauce, and angel hair pasta


Chop up all ingredients in similar sizes. I like a little bit of everything when I take a bite so I chopped them up pretty small. I bought the summer squash pre-sliced because for $.50 it was an excellent deal.

I like buying diced tomatoes with added spices because I feel like it makes the dish more rustic. I also tried to choose a very basic pasta sauce with low sugar and not too many ingredients.

Throw everything together (since the sausage is pre-cooked) and let it cook on medium until the vegetables are tender. Once they are, add in the tomato products and put the lid back on to simmer and allow the sauce to thicken.


While that is going on, boil water for pasta. Once boiling, throw in handful of pasta and sprinkle with salt to help with sticking.


Yay! Plating time. Layer o' noodles. Layer o' saucy goodness. Layer o' cheese. So freakin' delicious. This will be staple in the April house.

No comments:

Post a Comment