Monday, March 5, 2012

March Grocery Shopping

In addition to my other goals, I think I want to try and only go grocery shopping twice this entire month. It doesn't seem like a difficult proposition but damn those crazy food cravings that are never for anything I have on hand.

I went grocery shopping last night and it was clear that my body wanted to detox from my vacation splurges. Here is what I got:

Chobani & Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt galore (passion fruit, peach, black cherry, apple cinnamon, plain)


Strawberries, bananas, apples. I can't seem to survive without these.
Trop50 juices in orange and raspberry green tea. These are the greatest and low in calories.

Don't laugh but I am addicted to rice cakes. I usually get the lightly salted and then smother it with peanut butter and banana slices or peanut butter and sugar-free jam. I also picked up some Quaker Quakes Ranch Rice Snacks.

Alternative milks. I have recently discovered the loveliness of almond milk instead of soy milk. I also came upon the So Delicious Chocolate Coconut Milk as a great healthy yet indulgent treat. I have two in the fridge as we speak (read?).


I also picked up a large variety of soups, some tuna packets (much, much preferred to the canned variety), and lots of canned fruits and veggies. I normally pick up more frozen produce but since my little microwave passed away, I am trying to make it by without the need for said microwave replacement and go with easy open and heat items. Lunch items and nighttime snacks are my biggest grumpifying meals to create because I need to them to fill me up and be super nutritious. I plan on a whole lot of soups, salads, and pastas over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment