Friday, December 28, 2012

Movie Marathon


I love, love seeing movies, especially in the theater. It is crazy expensive but sometimes it can be fun to just treat yourself. Thank goodness that Columbia has Regal Cinemas so I can at least earn some rewards! Here are just a few..err..a handful of movies I have seen lately: 

This is 40

Honestly, I thought this would be a lot funnier and not nearly as depressing as it was. I love all of the actors (Paul Rudd, Leslie Mann) and think the idea of the movie is great but as someone who already has a sullied view of marriage, it wasn't all that great. Don't get me wrong, there are some seriously funny moments but not enough to make the movie pop.









Eat Pray Love
Have seen this many, many times but I always think it is such an inspiration, raw, well-made movie. Plus, I just adore Julia Roberts and Javier Bardem.

Overboard
Favorite movie of all time (which says a lot). Classic 80's movie with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. Bonus: filmed in Oregon!

Step Up & Step Up 2
Step Up is actually one of my top 5 favorite movies ever. Luckily, the house I am currently staying at, had the sequel which was pretty awesome as well. Straight up, I just love dancing movies, especially when they combine different styles and music. Bonus: Channing Tatum.

Changeling

I had heard a lot about this when it first came out but finally got a chance to see it. Wow. It started off a little slow but then there are major twists and turns with such intense scenes that really pull you in. I was not expecting to be as emotional during this movie nor was I expecting such crazy plot twists! The actors were all amazing as was the direction and styling.









Hunger Games
I got into the books after most people had and did see HG in the theater when it first came out. I am old and in theater, I got a little queasy with the camera action following the characters in the forest so getting to watch it again at home (and on a big ol' TV) was great. I cannot wait until the next one comes out in the Spring. So excited!

The Town

Another movie I heard so much about and finally had the chance to see. Wow. The whole time I was really impressed with the emotion and authenticity of the characters. I watched some of the behind the scenes extras on the DVD that shows how much effort Ben Affleck put into casting characters from this Boston neighborhood and getting it all "right." Bonus: I may also have a crush on Jeremy Renner even more now.








Argo

What can I say, I was on an Affleck kick. He was named one of the most interesting people on some list and someone in the comments section asked why he deserved it. Really, he has become such an amazing director and after watching other actors talk about him and his professionalism and vision, I can totally see why. This movie was amazing. I was shocked at not only how interested I was in it, I was also surprised that my entire body was tensed up during the final part of the movie and I definitely shed a few tears. I absolutely recommend seeing this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment