Monday, December 10, 2012

Tis the Season for Chocolatey Goodness

It is baking time up in here!

Yes, that is my refrigerator's crisper full of chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, chopped walnuts and shredded coconut. Clearly, I got issues, man.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
Baking is my form of stress relief and luckily (or unluckily for my co-workers), I work in the kind of environment where making treats is okay. I fear that I will over load them tomorrow for our White Elephant gift exchange but, well, I just couldn't help myself. I love all the recipes on Pinterest that I have been seeing and I definitely can't keep everything for myself otherwise I would gain 100 pounds! 

The cookies above, pinned from Plain Chicken, are amazing. I really, really should have sifted the cake mix a bit more before mixing it into the other ingredients but otherwise, they turned out delicious! If you like big, soft, fluffy cookies and have a special place in your heart for all things peanut butter, I definitely recommend these.

Need something a little more holiday? These cookies below are SO DELICIOUS. They come from the team over at Two Peas & Their Pod. They are always putting up great recipes so I knew that following this one would have been a no brainer. Getting everything together below including substituting my favorite Dark Chocolate Almond Milk.

 The ones on the left have been cooling on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes while the ones on the right just came out of the oven. Chilled. Puffy. Chilled. Puffy.

 Mmmmmm.

And of course I had to try one. These have just enough mint to compliment the brownie-like texture of the cookies. They do firm up as the cool but are still incredibly soft and rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment