Saturday, December 29, 2012

Reverb: The Rest of 2012

23. Best moment of December
Rockin' the baking in my kitchen (that I love): cookies, cookies, biscotti!
Christmas working out pretty nicely. Last year, my mom and I had a horrible gift exchange (my gift to her was on my computer which crashed hardcore about two weeks before Christmas and her gift to me was stolen off my front porch). This year, success! We may not have much money but we can send candy and sweets like no one else's business.

24. Lesson learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?
I was actually kind of yell at myself a little and say "TRUST YOUR INTUITION." I tell others that and have previously followed my gut instinct but this year, I doubted it. I let the "norm" and other opinions influence my own decisions. I don't let that happen often since I know myself very, very well but it was a lesson learned for sure.

25. What is one picture that best represents 2012 for you?


26. Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?
I took on the challenge of job searching with no real expectations but to find a place I want to live in for a while and a job I can see myself growing and flourishing in. As a new graduate but a non-traditional student, it was a struggle and a learning experience.

27. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2013? 
Bullshit. Debt. Sugar. Laziness. Staleness. Materialism. Negativity. Complaining. Excuses. Stress (unhealthy kind). Singledom. 

28. Inspiration: What are three things that have inspired you this year?
Anyone who went outside their comfort zone and made changes that were often difficult or scary in order to be happy. 
Travel. I often get the itch to travel or go on at least some long road trips since I feel like I have been in motion for the last three years.
Love.

29. What was the theme of your life in 2012? Why? 
Expectations and change. I  think we all have expectations and know that things will change but outcomes are always a surprise. I would also add "trust" in there.





30. What do you want the theme to be for 2013?
HAPPINESS. CALM. STABILITY. It's a theme, right? :)

31. Donate blood. Save a life.
I have to wait two more weeks until I am eligible but plan on doing so! When I donated in November, I was ecstatic that my iron levels were finally high enough to donate! The last few times I tried, I had a big issue with being just under the minimum iron level acceptable for donation. I think this is one of the easiest ways you can help someone if you are eligible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment