Saturday, December 29, 2012

Reverb: The Summer Months, Beginning Fall

13. Best moment of July:
Moving and getting into my new place!


14. Love. What does this word mean to you?
It means caring for someone else, almost more than yourself at times, and appreciate them for who they are.


15. Best moment of August
Going on dates with a new friend. I hadn't dated for a really long time because of a horrible break-up and my temporary time for graduate school in Michigan. I ventured out of my comfort zone and it was great to have someone appreciate me and get to explore Columbia with someone. 

16. Body integration. (bah....need to manage my stress levels and treat myself better. period.)


17. Best moment of September
Attending Viva La Vista! This was a fun chance to see the local foodie scene and try a bunch of new things for not a whole lot of money. I was super excited that I found a place that does french macarons! Hmm...speaking of...

18. Let Go. 
At the end of this year (i.e. in three days), I'll let go of the idea of fate and destiny in one particular area of my life. 

19. Best moment of October
I got to go to a FREE Switchfood concert! My co-worker's boyfriend works for the university's production company and so since she was going, I decided to tag along. We went to dinner first then walked over to the field where the band set up.

20. Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2012?
I was blessed with the community I became a part of in Michigan. They truly became my strength and family and I miss them dearly. 

21. Best moment of November
Major utilization of my local public library.
Major interest in baking A LOT and bringing most of the results to work.
Getting to kitty-sit over Thanksgiving! 

22. Photo. a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.

My dear friend, Amy, and I in Seattle.

My HESA girls at a Red Wings Game in Detroit

My Americorps friend, Emily, in Ypsilanti
I couldn't pick one but instead picked three pictures that represent my personality the best. I love spending time with friends who I feel I can be myself with. I love going and doing things--anything!--as long as I have money and it doesn't involve jumping a fence, I'll do it.

2 comments: