Friday, November 12, 2010

Little Things

I took a few days off from being online at home. I noticed I would just get carried away doing stuff, checking email, looking up recipes and then before I knew it, it was midnight and I had to get up early the next morning! It was like detox: super strange and felt like I should be doing something else instead of sitting here watching "Three's Company" DVDs. It was good though because I leisurely read a magazine I received three weeks ago AND actually went to bed at a decent time.

However, all this fabulous ignoring of the internet meant I didn't update any little things to be thankful for! Even in my incredibly overwhelming week, there are definitely little things that remind me life is good.....

  • Looking out my kitchen window while waiting for the water to boil and seeing the sunrise breaking through heavy fog.
  • Kiwis. Seriously though, these are delicious and I forgot about the crazy about of Vitamin C.
  • Incredibly patient advisers and students baring with me this week as I learn.
  • Getting graduate assistant business cards. No specific name but...well....GA pretty much is my name, title, and occupation.
  • Snail mail. I swear it has to be one of the best things that I am worried will become obsolete one day. 
  • Cinnamon almonds from Trader Joe's. 

Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.  ~George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment